Programming Coordinator - Part Time, permanent position
ORCTV is a 501(3)(c) nonprofit community television station driven by teamwork and ingenuity. Our small staff works in conjunction with volunteers and members of our community provide a free-speech and entertainment platform filled with varying views and topics.
Old Rochester Community Access TV is seeking a part-time (up to 25 to 30 hours per week) Programming Coordinator. Duties will include but not limited to; program scheduling of ORCTV Public Access and Government channels via Telvue Hypercaster server, digital media archiving, shooting and editing video projects, assisting with ORCTV member and staff productions both in studio and with our mobile production unit. Candidate will work closely with ORCTV staff and members to assure a programming schedule that follows organization and cable access guidelines. The ideal candidate would need to be CORI checked, available to work some evenings, some weekends and holidays, have excellent communication skills, and be able to work well within a group structure. Ideal candidate must also be skilled in a variety of software programs including Final Cut Pro X, iMovie, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Microsoft Office products and have excellent knowledge of both professional and consumer grade digital video camera equipment. Proficiency with Telvue hypercaster, Infovue, and Connect is preferred but will train qualified candidate if need be. Must be familiar with with digital media workflow and knowledge of PEG Access operations and rules.
● Experience with cable access TV scheduling and programming.
● Associates or Bachelors Degree in a related field and/or commensurate experience.
● Mac and PC literate.
● Strong organizational skills (both physical and digital).
● Strong production and editing skills at all stages (digital reel required, no exceptions)
● Strong ability to multitask and switch tasks quickly.
● Strong communication skills with a variety of different types of people.
● Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
● Strong technical knowledge and ability to effectively troubleshoot.
● Ability to work well both as a team member and individually.
● Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Interested candidates are to send their cover letter, resume, three written letters of reference and online link to demo reel to by March 28th, 2017:
135 Marion Rd.
Mattapoisett, MA 02739
Application will also be accepted via email: orctv.robert@gmail
Old Rochester Community Television is an equal opportunity employer.