NCTV is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community television station driven by teamwork and ingenuity. Our small staff works in conjunction with volunteers and members of our community to provide a free-speech and entertainment platform filled with varying views and topics. The Meeting Producer works in a professional capacity individually filming and broadcasting live government meetings. For specific info about the station and how we’re run, please visit our FAQ page. Job title: Meeting ProducerJob status: Per-diemCompensation: $15/hr with a minimum of 2 hrs of pay per meeting (allotting for .5 hour of set-up, 1 hr meeting, and .5 hour of breakdown), meetings lasting longer than 1 hour are paid out accordingly.Benefits: NoneConditions of employment: CORI check for NCTV, driving record check, could be asked to do a federal background check with fingerprintsWork location: Norfolk, MA - Typically at Norfolk Town Hall (1 Liberty Ln, Norfolk) but also other locations around town if neededWork hours: Various.
- Typically starting between 6pm to 7pm and lasting until meeting is over
- Meetings can run anywhere from .5 hours to 5 hours
- Usually Monday, Tuesday, and/or Wednesday nights
- Wednesday night availability is a MUST
- 0 - 4 meetings per month on average
- Professional, non-partisan coverage of local government meetings.
- Use 3 mounted PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) cameras to film and broadcast government meetings.
- Responsible for all facets of the audio, video, and graphics.
- Full training provided.
- Ability to work alone in a professional setting.
- Availability on short notice (only 48 business hours notice is required to post and hold a government meeting).
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- General comfort with electronic equipment and video systems.
- Experience with multi-camera switching is a plus.
- Local applicants encouraged.
- Applications due by midnight on April 9, 2017.
- Submit the following to Katy via e-mail at email@example.com (PDF preferred for both)
- Cover letter - Please at least address your experience working with video equipment, customer service experience, and what you feel you can bring to NCTV through this role.
- Three (3) references will be required if selected for an interview. Please be prepared with each person’s full name, their current position and company, how you know them, phone number, and e-mail address.
- No phone calls, please.